Saturday, June 14, 2014

CHUCK NOLL has died!!!

Wow. Just wow. That's sad.

The Steelers of the '70's were my childhood.

I started watching football around 1974-75. And the Steelers of the mid and late 70's were my life as a boy.

Watching the Steelers. Watching Bradshaw. Then going out after the games and practicing throwing like bradshaw.

Watching the playoffs and super bowls.

Looking through the Sears catalog and wanting EVERYTHING that was Steelers. lol.
The trash can, the comforter, the lamp, EVERYTHING. lol.

And I remember watching the Steelers of the 1980's too. Through my high school years.
And with Bubby Brister as the quarterback. And Walton as the offensive coordinator.
And the suprising playoff run with Rich Eisenberg, the small running back and Merril Hoge as the running back.

Now Chuck Noll is gone.

That is a period of my life, too.

RIP, Chuck. Thanks for all the memories and wins and great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment