Friday, April 10, 2015

Elvis on Hawaii Five-O

I worked at my garden job today, and after it I walked down to Goodwill and then over to Home Depot.

I did ok at Goodwill. I got some vintage Cannonsburg Pottery pink rose plates, and some books and a nice Pier Mondrian blue rose print from 1968. And a few other things, including a Ralph Lauren Polo short sleeve button down shirts for me, and a nice Georges Briard square gold glass dish (candy dish?). I also got a very nice 1950's art book and a couple of other books. Including an architecture and design book with a $65 price tag on it, but I paid only the Goodwill price..

Then, my hands full, I walked down to Home Depot to pick up some weed n feed.  Right when I walked in the door was a brand thought was on sale and for a better price than I was expecting to pay.  I paid $25 for another brand last march.

I ended up also buying some orange cleaner and some bubble wrap.

I pushed my cart out to the parking lot and as I picked up my bags the bag with the oragne cleaner spilled out a lot of the cleaner. It must have been partially open when I laid it down in my cart. I had to go back in and exchange it and that took some time.

With my hands even fuller I made it up to Bloomfield. I sat on a bench and some tea and then decided to hurry and  go catch the bus.

Right after I got there the bus came?  Perfect timing. Coincidence?

Well, I did make it home just in time to watch The Amazing Race.  It was a very good episode. I want the Olympians to win.  They finished 2nd.  I was disappointed that the one blind date couple got eliminated.  They were one of my favorites.

After The Amazing Race ended I left the tv on and came upstairs and worked on the computer.  I then went down and put dinner into the microwave.  After I did that I walked back into the living room and an Elvis impersonator was on Hawaii Five-O singing "Love Me".  Not sure if that was the guys actual voice and he was guest staring on the show or not, but the singer sounded pretty good.

Now here I am back on the computer comparing my stats with 2014. Overall, not too bad.  But it is the past 5-6 weeks that are the most concerning.

Time to eat dinner and then get orders ready to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment