Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Official., My Face No Longer Looks Young

I am 47 years old and very soon to be 48.  Today when shopping I decided to take a look at my face in the mirror in that lighting.  Boy was I surprised.

My face definitely shows the affects of the sun from when I was younger. It shows the affects of the sun I had on the beach in my teens. And the short time I used a tanning bed. And all the time working in the sun.

My skin is rougher/thicker looking.  With the deep circles under my eyes. And at the bottom of the circles are tiny lines.

The skin on my cheeks is thicker/rougher too.  

The thing that really surprised me is all the short tiny lines at the top of my temples!

And I see all the lines from squinting too.  At the bridge of my nose and the sides of my eyes and top of my cheeks.  And, the thing is, I wasn't even a squinter until my 30's.  And now I am paying for it. And now it shows.

I no longer look young for my age. I no longer look younger than my age.

Up until my early 40's people thought I was in my late 20's or 30's.  And even at 45 a lady thought I was 40.

But now, I am looking my age. I am not looking younger than my age.  Disappointing. No way to reverse it or change it or heal it.

I am starting to look old.

I am getting old.

I still have my health and strength and energy.



No comments:

Post a Comment