Sunday, May 10, 2015

Vintage 1930's Aynsley Bone China butterfly handle tea cup with Hydrangea

It was back in the 2nd half of 2011 when I started to put time and effort into selling vintage teacups in my vintage Etsy shop.  And browsing the teacups on the internet, bone china, Limoges, Japanese, and others, I would see the teacups from specific makers that were priced high.

One of the first ones high priced English bone china I saw was the Aynsley butterfly handle teacups.  So I intended to acquire one of them some way.

I searched the internet constantly and it was one evening when I saw an Ebay auction for one ending in only minutes.

I put in a low bid not thinking I would win.

The auction ended a short time later and I was very surprised that I won it!

Of course, I had not fully looked over the listing and the pics.  And it did have a couple of flaws.  One was a short old crack in the rim. Another was a small black dot on the inside.

I was still very happy with it and thought the condition was good enough on which to still make a profit.

My original pics that I used in my Etsy shop listing were dark, but I used them.

A while later I retook the pics to the ones currently in the listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91032842/antique-1930s-aynsley-china-butterfly






I have had it listed in my shop for a long time, and I believe it is the flaws that have kept it from selling.  Because the price is LOW compared to other Aynsley butterfly handle teacups.

And even the current pics are a little dark. I will retake them at some point.

I have had A LOT of success with Aynsley teacups and saucers.  Those and Paragons have sold very well in the Vintage teacup section in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment