Sunday, May 10, 2015

Vintage 1950's Trifari Alfred Philippe Patent brooch, 1952, Art deco gold enamel brooch

It was in 1930 that Trifari hired Alfred Philippe as its chief designer.  And he designed many beautiful pieces up until 1968.

Well, I had a jewelry phase in my vintage Etsy shop. I would try searching by maker and also by type or stones or colors, mostly.

I got lucky and got a few bargains on Trifari jewelry in my searches.  Most Trifari brooches are priced high. Especially the older pieces.

I would try to find pieces that were unique.  And try to get lucky to find a nice piece listed by someone who did not accurately describe their piece.

I did find this nice beautiful gold enamel art deco Trifari brooch on the internet:





The seller did show the mark, and I saw it had the patent number, which the seller did not add to the title or description of the listing.  So I bought it.

I got good pics taken and listed it in my vintage Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91448071/vintage-1950s-trifari-alfred-philippe?ref=shop_home_active_4

Although not a highly valuable piece, it is a desirable piece, I believe.  The patent pieces are some of the most desirable by Trifari collectors.

I am sure this beautiful shiny gold brooch is just waiting for that perfect buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment