Monday, March 7, 2016

At Goodwill today, A Nice Lady and a Teapot

After taking some pics this morning I decided to take a walk to the local Goodwill and then tot he supermarket because it was such anice day.

I went into the Goodwill and one of the first things I found was ahand painted fruit coffee pot "Made in England".  I thought it was Franciscan.

I browsed a while longer, as I usually do, and I found another inexpensive hand painted teapot and a t-shirt for myself.

As I walked up to get in aline a lady who had been shopping inthere said, "Did you see the other teapot like that one?" as she pointed to the coffee pot.  I told her I hadn't and she walked over to the shelf and got it for me and brought it to me.  It was the same pattern and another Franciscan piece.  In perfect condition.

I took it and thanked her and she asked me if I collect teapots.  I told her I sell them online.

She asked me where I sell and I told her Etsy. Then she told me her name and gave me her card.  Margaret from Teapittsburgh.com: http://www.pittsburghcuppa.com/

She told me they are going to have a sale and if I wanted I could set up and sell my wares.

She asked my shop name and I told her.  And a lady that was with her said, "There's a shop on Sherman? I didn't know that." lol.  I told her it was just my online shop name.  Margaret said, "It's a clever name.".

When Margaret talked to me she smiled.  I liked that.  She was a nice lady.  And I appreciated her telling me about the teapot.

Anyway, it was a positive experience and one that will probably be profitable for me.  I sold one of those teapots a few months ago for a good price.  And this one was priced very low.

Time for bed.......

No comments:

Post a Comment