Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Vintage 1940's Pink Sateen Arm Chair for the Living Room or Bedroom

Last year at the Mexican War Streets neighborhood yard sale there was a man selling who had a lot of great things at great prices.  He obviously had good taste and years of experience at collecting.  And it appeared he was pricing things to sell to clear out and downsize.

I got to his place early and one of the first pieces I bought was this vintage chair.  Especially after he told  me his price:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/95678000/vintage-1940s-pink-sateen-chair-pink?ref=shop_home_feat_3



I actually went back to his tables 4 or 5 times that day and bought something almost every time.  And even at my last trip I found some beautiful things at great prices.  And even bought some things from the people selling next to him when I went the last time near the end of the sale.

I got pics of the chair taken after I got finished buying in the neighborhood:



Although there is some wear to the arms it is still in beautiful condition:



 It would look great in a vintage bedroom or living room.  Especially, of course, in a room done in pink.  Or just as a pink accent piece.

I help an interior designer, and when we worked together at one of her clients, the clients dining room was painted a pale, creamy pink.

Even though I have had this chair listed for so long,  I am still glad I bought it that day.  It is very popular in my shop.  One of the most popular items in my shop.  So it has been worth it to bring people into my vintage Etsy shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment