Thursday, August 11, 2016

Evening Spider

I have a walkway between my house and the next door neighbor's house.  There is almost always a breeze blowing from the back to the front.  I have a bench next to my porch that I sit on during some summer nights.  To feel the breeze and have some unsweetened tea or some fruit.  Or just sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the night.

A couple of evenings ago I had just sat down on the bench when I looked to my right and there was a spider hanging in mid-air.  The web ran from the handle of my rake to the wall of my house.

I wanted to take some pics but I didn't think the battery for my camera was charged.  So I didn't take any.  And thought I missed a great image.

I just went out there again and sat down on this warm, humid evening.  Looked to my right and there it was again!

I came in and took the chance that there was still some life in a battery I had used.  There was!

 I loaded up and my camera and went outside and took some pics:






I love spiders.  Maybe love is too strong of a word.  But I am very fascinated by them  Or I admire them greatly.  I am in awe of them, I'd say.

It was very cool to see.

Every time I see a spider, and anything in nature, I think of God.  How else could something so intelligent and greatly engineered have come into being?


No comments:

Post a Comment