Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Canceled my Google Adwords Ad

It was too expensive.

It cost about $110 for only 5 days.

I did like seeing all the views in my shop.

And my stats for the ad were low, too. Probably about 50% below average of what would be considered success.

But I like the visitors and the views, it just cost too much. It was $54 just for yesterday. I forget how many clicks but it was more than 300 and maybe mroe than 400 with more than 80,0000 impressions.

I am not sure why I went from 45 clicks on sunday to more than 200 on tuesday and more than 300 on wed.

Also, I was right. My direct Google views that I was happy about were just from the ad. When I shut the ad off right after 3 am I had 12 Google views. In the 9 hours since then I've had 3 more.

I had it set for search and for the Network. So I could set it for just search. And also set a budget. But I wanted the full day.

I may also budget so much per month. Maybe $50-100/month so I can run it for full days.

BUT....with the THOUSANDS of lost Google views since last september and the THOUSANDS of lost Etsy search views just in April, I may have to start paying for views. I may have to start paying to advertise. Especially since I have so many items in my shop.

That would be a big cut into my profit. Since alot of my items are lowered priced items.

Well, I sold a brooch this morning. Have to pack it and the candlestick holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment