Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Vintage 1960's Adrian Pearsall Style Chairs on Etsy

In my thrift store shopping for my vintage Etsy shop I have had a lot of luck at the local Goodwills.  I have been able to great deals on Mid Century Modern furniture, lighting, pottery and kitchen items. And in particular I have had success in finding great deals on Mid Century chairs.

2 such deals are my vintage high back Adrian Pearsall style chairs.

Adrian Pearsall designed furniture during the 1950's and 1960's.  After studying architectural engineering at the University of Illinois he then opened his furniture store, Craft Associates, in Pennsylvania in 1952.

My vintage mid century chairs are not by Craft Associates, but do have the signature Pearsall style high backs.

I actually was able to acquire 2 blue velvet high back chairs, and they are both still in beautiful condition:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/286403671/vintage-1960s-blue-velvet-chair-mid?ref=shop_home_active_17






And on another adventure to a local Goodwill I was lucky enough to acquire a great 1960's orange velvet high back chair by Fairfield Furniture Co of North Carolina:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198606543/vintage-1960s-adrian-pearsall-style-mid?ref=shop_home_active_27







    One of my favorite furniture sites is 1stDibs.  An interior designer friend of mine turned me on to the site.
They have beautiful furniture by any designer you can think of.  And they have some great Adrian Pearsall chairs.  Including this pair:


            And they have this beautiful blue vintage Adrian Pearsall chair:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/seating/lounge-chairs/adrian-pearsall-lounge-chair/id-f_5390513/                                                                                                                                                       
                            

            And they have this cool Adrian Pearsall swivel chair:


                                                                                                                                                         
                             One lady who was interested in my orange velvet chair had asked me about the bottom             and whether it had a solid bottom.  She wanted to add a swivel bottom to it.  It does not.  So she passed.

Well, we can see my prices are BARGAINS compared to 1stDibs asking prices for the real deals.  But a lot of those dealers on that site are in Miami,  New York City and Los Angeles.  So that is expected. 

I have had a lot of fun searching for vintage furniture and loved finding the Mid Century bargains for my vintage Etsy shop.

The adventures continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment