Friday, March 7, 2014

100 Views before 9 am; A New Plan for My Vintage Etsy Shop?

I reached 100 views from Etsy at 8:50 am this morning. One of my earliest times to teach 100. I think my earliest was aroun d 7-8 am.

So I am rethinking my strategy for my Etsy shop for 2014:

The main reason I have to rethink things is that the local thrift store gets NOTHING good any more.

I made a good living off that store for years.

I was going there regularly and had built up a good inventory of very nice vintage & antique items and sold them throughout my first 2 years or so of my Etsy shop.
And since I have sold almost all of my good items and cannot replace them, AND I do not want to be a tea cup shop. Even though that is where I have made my money for the past 16 months or so.

So I will back off on the tea cup buying, try to find other vintage items locally and some trips around the city, and.....focus more on work again?? Go back to focusing on getting more laboring work?

My original plan with my shop was to labor and have my shop. I was hoping I could make enough in my shop to make it a worthwhile part-time income. BUT I did so much better than I was expecting that I gave up the laboring work. Except for my part-time groundskeeping job which I really like.

AND...add to all of this that there will be more money having to spend on the house this year. So I will have less to spend on tea cups and other vintage items.

AND....I did so well last year revenue-wise, that I don't think I will be able to match it. Maybe 50%, if I am lucky.

So my very good year of 2013 has lowered my expectations for 2014. And with extra money having to be spent on the house, it is time to lower my expectations and go back to work?

I reached my peak? Last year I did the best I could with the circumstances I have? And this year they will not even be as good?

I have pics to take and orders to pack for today. It is a nice sunny morning and will be a decent day with the temp. So I will try to get things done today.

Off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment