Monday, November 28, 2016

309 Etsy Search Views Yesterday! Woo Hoo!

The Christmas shopping season has begun.

Yesterday was the first day I had 300 views from Etsy search since February or the beginning of March.  Mostly because of Etsy's 2nd declumping change in March.

Etsy had "declumped" page 1 by only letting 1 shop on the front page.  But shops were having more than 1 item on page 2, 3, onward.

So this March they declumped further back.  And that hurt my vintage shop.

I believe it was in 2013 into 2014 where I had one long period where I was averaging in the 300's with days in the 400's of views from Etsy search.

Even through last late summer through the beginning of this year I was regularly in the 300's.

I even had some freaky highs because my vintage shop was trending.

No longer.

This summer I was below 200 views from Etsy search most days.  I had a day of 270 in August and thought that was the beginning of higher search views, but I was wrong.

So yesterday was a Sunday, and after Thanksgiving.  So this is just the Christmas shopping bump.  I believe it will last 2-3 weeks.

In years past it would last through March.

Oh well.

I will enjoy these next 3-4 weeks and see what happens.

Time to get to work packing orders.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment