Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My Psycho Copycat on Etsy

I had started on Etsy in January of 2011 and got into teacups about the late Summer or early Fall of that year.

I came to have an emphasis on vintage teacups in my Etsy shop, ShoponSherman.

In the past year or two I started seeing shops copying me.  They'd copy my keywords, and titles.  And they started copying my slanted pic style.

Then the beginning of this year I noticed a shop also trying to copy my pic style of close-ups, and I could see she copied my titles and keywords.

It is this shop, vintageteacupshop:

You can see it in this listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/291711397/indian-dancer-tea-cup-and-saucer-vintage?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=vintageteacupshop&ref=sr_gallery_1  

And in her entire shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageTeacupShop?ref=listing-shop2-all-items-count#items

You can see she went to a blue background like mine.  And that really bugged me.

And I told her about it.  

I told her that her entire shop was copied.

That even her shop name was copied.  She copied a part of her description from another shop too.

I should have let it go.  I should have let her go.

But I didn't.

And it cost me my shop.  It cost me all the nearly 6 years of every day work.  And all the success.

It is very bizarre how she copied so much of her shop.  She copied a lot of me and my pic taking style.  Her name.  Her description.

She has mental problems.

Hope she gets help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment