Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vintage Baker furniture, a cane bench project

I was on the way to the store when a block from my house I saw this setting on the sidewalk for the next mornings garbage pick-up.  I looked and saw the Baker Furniture plate and got excited.






Then when I brought it home I saw that both of the top side rails are damaged.



I see why it was put out for the trash.  It is very dusty though.  I bet they put it away and planned on repairing it at some point, but never did.  So they finally let go of it (wish I could let go of things so easily lol) and put it out for the garbage.

I see the asking prices for newer Baker benches is very high.  I see them from over $400 to over $1,000. Darn. I wish this weren't broken.

I may try to do something with this.  I may use wood glue, wood screws and support plates and try to sell it like that.  OR....I may still do that, but paint it and then put it in my shop?  I would have full disclosure that it was a repaired piece and I'd show the repairs.

I will think about that......

2 comments: