Sunday, June 30, 2013

Vintage Hattie Carnegie jewelry, rhinestone swan brooch pin

At my local Goodwill there is a lady who is a jewelry dealer who goes there every morning right after they open to look for the new jewelry put out that morning.

One morning I decided to go there at 9:01 right after they open to see if I could get anything good.  Not just the jewelry. But anything.  So when I go in I go to the jewelry case and there are a number of different pieces of jewelry I like.  There was a sterling silver marcasite bracelet, a few other pieces of jewelry and then there was a rhinestone swan brooch.  It was very nice looking and I saw the name on the back.  I didn't know who the jewelry designer was, but I was guessing it was a valuable piece.

So I picked out all of the pieces I wanted and as I am standing there at the jewelry case looking over the pieces the jewelry lady walks in. lol.  She comes and stands next to me and I can see her looking over at the pieces I have set out for myself.  So I ask the lady working the jewelry if she could give me a deal since I only had so much cash on me.  She gave me a very good deal.  I was very happy when I left that day.

It was when I got home and looked up the name that I learned what a great piece this Hattie Carnegie swan is:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/78055719/antique-brooch-vintage-hattie-carnegie?ref=shop_home_active



I have had it in my shop for a while.  I actually sold it on ebay, but I had misplaced it and didn't find it in time.  The buyer asked to cancel the sale and get a refund, which I did.

Now I am waiting for that perfect buyer. I think it is priced fairly compared to other Carnegie brooches.  Priced low, in fact, compared to the price of this same brooch on an antique site.

My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment