Sunday, June 30, 2013

Vintage McCoy pottery cookie jar, napping bear with bee hive

I was with a female friend when she suggested we go to a thrift store she had been to a number of times and always found great things.  We pull up to the parking lot and it was crowded as you'd expect.  We go in and as I am browsing I see the place is pretty busy and even though it is big there was not much on the shelves. And the decent things there were kind of high.

She kept telling me this is the first time she's been there and there wasn't anything good.  I told her that it was their sale day. Every week they have a 50% colored tag sale.  This was that day.  And we had also gotten there late in the afternoon.  So the good stuff was gone.

I did find some decent things I thought I could put in my shop.  A nice art deco glass vase that I did sell. Some books. One was a Steelers book that I sold.  And this McCoy cookie jar. When I picked it up and saw the USA on the bottom I thought it was a decent one.  I was also surprised it was still there.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103354959/vintage-mccoy-cookie-jar-ceramic-napping?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=mccoy

 



When I got it home and searched for it is when I learned it is a 1980's McCoy.

That was last summer.  Since then it has gotten some views. Some favorites. And 2 people asked about it.  I thought it might sell by now. I think it will sell eventually. Maybe for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment