Saturday, August 24, 2013

Antique Guardian Service cookware, roasting dish with glass lid, 3 stars

I have been selling on the internet since the beginning of 2006.  And I have been shopping at the local Goodwill since then.  There were managers that worked there for years that called me by my first name because I shopped there every day for years.

When they had brought in a new guy I assume they told him that I was a regular customer and to offer me pieces they had and offer me deals.

So one day I went in there and they had 2 shelves full of different Guardian Service items.  They were already priced fairly low.  After I picked out a couple different ones I wanted the new guy offered me all of them.  He gave me a great price and I filled up a large box and brought them home.

This piece is one of them.  Although I do now know what it is and have not seen it online, I believe it is a chicken roaster?  It is shallow:

   https://www.etsy.com/listing/110973731/vintage-aluminum-cookware-guardian?ref=shop_home_active





Although I am not certain, I believe the glass lid dates it to the late 40's & '50's?

It is a unique piece, I believe, and waiting for the perfect buyer.

It is a nice, sunny, clear, warm summer saturday.  I need to get out and do something.  I took pics of tea cups earlier this morning.  I was somewhat disappointed.  The pics didn't turn out that great.  I have been wating for so many days for a clear sunny morning to take tea cup pics and it did not go well. I spent the 2 hours I had with the good light and too many pics were blurry.  Or dark.






 Also, my adaptor and cameras are not working.  And my batteries, that I had charged for hours, showed as not being charged.

And.....I didn't go to the garage sale I wanted to go to.  hhhhmmmm.  He probably won't be set up again this year since next weekend is the holiday.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment