Friday, August 23, 2013

One of my best sales, a vintage clay pottery pitcher

I woke up to a grey, cloudy morning.  And it is starting to drizzle.  When the weathermen said it would only rain til midnight.  It is supposed to clear up today.  Better views this morning in my vintage Etsy shop also.

One of my favorite sales that I made in my vintage Etsy shop was in february 2012.  A year or two even before that I had found a very nice, handmade pottery pitcher in the local Goodwill.  I thought it was very well made.  Symetrical and good proportions. It looked to me like an experienced potter, even with the little I know about pottery. I got it very cheap.

I took what I thought were good pics.  Even though I had that embarassing, streaky, purple paint on the wall. Oops.  :)  (I painted it a little bit later in 2012).






It was getting views and favorites and i was wondering why it didn't sell.  Then when it finally sold that day there was a note from the buyer on the receipt,

"This vintage clay pitcher will be used at the church's Baptismal font."

I was touched.  That was nice to know something I sold would have such a special use.  It was an honor.

It was purchased by a female and the address was a Lutheran church in Florida.

I hope it got some use.  And it is nice to think it still may be being used.

Well, I have alot of work to do with my shop.  It is already the end of august.  Have to get done the projects I want to outside while the weather is still nice.  Have to organize inside.  Winter will be here before I know it.............

No comments:

Post a Comment