Thursday, August 1, 2013

Goodwill shopping trip!; Antique Duchin sterling candlestick holders;

Here it is nearly 10:30 and it has been a pretty decent day.

I got some pics taken. And I made it to Goodwill about 9:30 after they opened and I did great.

I got a pair of 1940's Duchin Creation sterling silver candlestick holders!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/158420064/antique-1940s-duchin-creation-sterling?ref=shop_home_active




 A great turkey print by a wildlife artist from West Virginia


A green glass rose bowl that is Moser style.  I don't think it is Moser though.  I am guessing Japan or Fenton or another US maker.  It is hand blown though:


a bohemian cobalt blue glass hand painted ashtray:


And a Leonard silver plate clam dish w/glass insert, a pair of clear glass diffuser/ lamp shades and some other things.  All for great prices.  And.....it is the 1st of the month.....whenever gets their checks and I beat them in there to get the nice things!

And last week I had a great day at Goodwill too!  Forgot to post about it.  But I was surprised at the things I found. The manager told me she came in early that morning to set things out, too!  I had great timing.  Well, actually, I just had help from God and the angels that day.

I made some good tea cup sales today too.  One lady bought 5 of them. Another bought 2.  And another lady asked me to reserve 2 for her.

On the front porch this evening I saw the big puffy clouds up the alley in front of my house:


I got in the mail the great gold with roses Queen Anne tea cup and took pics on the front porch.  They turned out very good.  But they do not fit my shop. Especially with the porch railing showing.  I should have been taking my tea cup pics outside from the beginning:







I love it that it looks gold.  When I take pics in the house the gold won't show that well at all.  IT will look black.

It was a pretty good day. But I didn't find the creamer set, and didn't get any orders pack & shipped.  I have to get caught up tomorrow.  ASAP.  So I can work on the house and my projects for my shop.  And take and list more new things.  It is already august.

Almost time for bed.  I am going to sleep otuside tonight  I will have to ask for protection from ants tonight. lol.

It was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment