Monday, August 19, 2013

Views in my vintage Etsy shop

So yesterday I ended with 315 views from etsy search.  Which was much better than it looked like it was going to be because of how low my views were by noon.  My shop got busier in the afternoon and evening and that caught me up.

Still, I ended yseterday with less than 1,000 total views.  Normally with more than 300 views from Etsy search I'd have 1,100 or more total views.  But the new listing page format is affecting my total views and hearts.  People are not viewing as many items because the new format makes it difficult to navigate a shop.

And according to the Shop Dashboard I have less views today than I did a year ago today!  Even though I have hundreds more listings.  More proof of the new format affecting total views.

Also had only 76 views from Google.  That is not at all where I thought I'd be now.  I had gotten my views consistently up to the 80's-130's, but since Google's change on may 1st my views have dropped.  I thought my views would keep going higher from there.  I don't think there is a way to increase my total google views.  If I had my own site maybe, but I have to set up my shop to be relevant for Etsy first and google second.
    
Today  at almost 10 pm I have only 253 views from Etsy search and 834 total views.. The evening views were my highest.  I'd have 40's-60's/hour, but have been in the 30's & 40's since the new listing format.

HHHMmmmmm.  All this is disconcerting. Google & Etsy have affected my shop.  I had a great thing going for 12 months. Not sure what to think or do now.

Today was a good day for sales though.  Made the big sale to Kuwait.  And sold the Backer French children busts that I got at the ladies sidewalk sale that sunday morning when I went to Giant Eagle on the south side. I got a few things shipped.  Now I have to find that book.  Not sure that I will.  Have to pack and ship the tea cups to Asia, to Australia and the milk glass urn.  And of course the big tea cup order to Kuwait.

It will be an interesting next few days.  See what I can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment