Sunday, April 24, 2016

The New Etsy Shop Layout is Hurting My Vintage Shop

So I got the new layout for the first time on April 5th as Etsy said we would.  But it did take time, more than a week I believe, for it to go site-wide.

After one time I cleared my cache I went back to the old format.  And loved it.  I don't like the big pics and no list view.  It is many more clicks to renew listings and work on my shop.

So I have noticed that my "shop views' and my tea cup section home page views have dropped DRAMATICALLY.

I believe the new layout finally went site-wide on April 15.  And on that day is when I see the big drop in "shop views" and teacup section views.

It appears as though visitors are no longer clicking on the links I put in each listing????

For April 6-14 I had 680 views for my teacup shop section home page.
For April 15-23 I had 185!!!

For April 6-14 I had 3,311 Shop Views
For April 15-23 I had 1,743!!

AND more than 2,100 FEWER total views for April 15-23 compared to April 6-14.
So many more fewer total views in only a 9 day period!

What the heck!

For April 6-14 I had 3,011 "Your Shop" views (views from one page in my shop to another page)
For April 15-23 I had 1,148!!

For April 6-14 I had 1,627 "Your listing" views (views from a listing to another page in my shop).
For April 15-23 I had 1,421!

What the heck did Etsy do to my shop!!

This is one of the changes that could hurt my shop permanently.  And not something that relevancy or titles or tags will help!

This could be BAD.

I have emailed Etsy Support and am waiting to hear back.

I hope they don't give me some form letter response!

No comments:

Post a Comment