Friday, February 14, 2014

Vintage P. Buckley Moss Amish girls with cat limited edition art print framed,

Years ago on one of my trips to the local thrift store they had just put out 5 pencil signed prints of children. The signature was scribbled, and so I didn't know who the artist was.

I got them for a very low price.

I listed them on Craigslist and a lady replied and she was very intersted and asked how many of them I had. I told her 5.

When she showed up with her son she was telling me who the artist was, Patricia Buckley Moss.

I said, "Uh-oh" to myself when they mentioned that they saw one of her prints in an antique shop.

But I went ahead and sold 3 of the prints, and 2 other Angel girl prints by another artist, Snow, I believe.

Then when I went and looked up the artist, P. Buckley Moss I was so mad. I couldn't believe the asking prices on Ebay. More than $250 EACH. I sold her those 3 and the 2 others for much less than that!

That is still one of my biggest disappointments selling. I will never get another great deal like that.

Well, here is one of the original 5 I still have. I've had it in my vintage Etsy shop for nearly a year now. I haven't checked the completed listings or current listings on ebay to see what they are going for. I am still too mad about that sale. I was being a nice guy and giving her a deal because I needed the money and she was walking with a cane.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104099224/vintage-p-buckley-moss-amish-print?ref=shop_home_active_8



No more Mr Nice Guy.

It has been an ok day. I did just make another small tea cup sale to a regular customer. I won some nice tea cups on ebay. I have spent alot of money lately on tea cups. Too much. It is time to take a break from them for a month or so. But it is a never ending situation. People keep buying them. And telling me how much they love my collection. I didn't intend to be a tea cup shop, but that is what I have become, pretty much. I will try to do better than that this year.

Back to some tv. Then pack some orders. Then bed. Til tomorrow and do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment