Friday, April 11, 2014

I have actually GAINED Google Views???

For months now I have posted about my low Google views. About how they are so much less than the first half of last year.

Well, in reading the thread on the Etsy forums about Etsy images from Google image searches redirecting shoppers to items of "similar" listings I saw that one seller mentioned that now sellers may be getting MORE views from Google because of being found on the Etsy Marketing Pages that shoppers are redirected to from Google image searches.

She mentioned that stat is "Other".

So I checked and I was amazed!

For Jan 1-April 10 2013
Google Views: 9,556
OTHER Views: 707

For Jan 1-April 10 2014
Google Views: 4,396
OTHER Views: 7,900!

OTHER Views went from my 11h highest source of views on Etsy to 4th highest!

Is it a net GAIN of 2,200 Views from Google?????

Could Be! Makes me feel so much better!! Makes me feel better about my shop and the future! And just this year!

Here is the thread on Etsy's forums again:

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/14266135/page/1

I am not sure if I have gained from my Google images being shown on Etsy Market pages or not??? Some on the thread don't like it. As one seller said, "I want my direct Google Views back."

As the one seller said, Etsy knows that they are the cause of the redirect.

So maybe I should be upset by the redirect and my lost direct Google views?? Or not??

I am happy that I have gained thousands more views, if they are from Google redirect.

No comments:

Post a Comment