Saturday, April 26, 2014

I ran a Google Ad today; Still Low Etsy Search Views

So yesterday evening I signed up for a Google Adwords ad. It would be very expensive if I were to run it every day. Too expensive.

I first set my budget for $5 and the previous evening for the first 6 hours I had it up it passed that. And as I watched it today I had to keep raising it because I was reaching it quickly. Late in the afternoon I raised it to $15 and here about 9:30 I am about to reach it. So I would not even get a full day for $15. Ouch.

I did gain 90 views my Google Adwords stats show. Although my Etsy shop stats show 42 views.

And all my stats are low.

My click through for Search is less than 0.7%. Which I've read you want to be 1.0% or higher.

And my entire click through for showing is also less than 1%.

And my ad was mostly on pages 2-4 for my keywords.

And the only way to increase/improve my ad was to pay more per click. Yeah right.

A Google Ad is too expensive for me. I could easily spend $300 per month. Just to get SOME of my direct google views back. No thanks.

And as far as today's Etsy search views, For a saturday, I had 204 views from Etsy search about 9pm. Very disappointing.

So.....

I will stop adding to my shop. And stop renewing.

Stop working on my shop????

It is not worth it to keep adding and have my shop have gone backwards with little sales.

After 3 1/2 years of DAILY WORK.

So I have choices to make.

Maybe close UP???

No comments:

Post a Comment