Monday, April 7, 2014

Today I Learned Why I Have Been Selling So Many Tea Cups to ASIA

Well, I have learned recently that the buyers from Indonesia I have been getting have been resealling the tea cups. Several have just told me so by being honest. I am ok with that. I know I have been making good profits on all the tea cups I sell. And if they can still make a profit on them, good for them. If they can find people willing to pay even more than I list them for, good for them.

BUT....I just realized today that the resellers are also REUSING MY PICS!!

I did not suspect that! I really didn't suspect that the buyers from Asia were reselling my tea cups. Mostly because my prices are high.

But today it hit me when a lady from INdonesia contacted me and said she was a reseller from Indonesian interested in my tea cups and even ASKED FOR PERMISSION TO USE MY PICS.

That is when it hit me!

So I asked my most recent regular customer from Indonesia who had told me she/he resells them and I asked if they were reusing my pics.

They got very defensive and said they saw others doing it, but they don't. Yeah right.
And the buyer wouldn't show me where he/she sells.

One of the things that buyer had told me when they look for tea cups is they "look for good pics."

Ouch.

This bothers me. Not sure why. Or if it should. But it does.

So I have contacted the Asian buyers of my most recent orders and told them I do not give permission for my pics to be reused. I have not heard back from them.

ALSO, I now have the dilemma of whether I want to continue selling tea cups to Asia??? They have been reusing my pics for the past couple years. So should I care? Or stop selling to them even??

I don't know. I might do it out of spite and pride and ego. And I just don't like it. For whatever the reason.

Maybe I am overreacting??? Maybe not??

No comments:

Post a Comment