Friday, September 27, 2013

Google hummingbird search change; another morning of low views

I just learned yesterday on the Etsy forums about Googles recent algorithm change.  The just announced it and said it was first made about a month ago.  They call it Hummingbird.

 https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/13067300/page/1

The USA Today has a story about the change:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/09/26/google-overhauls-search-engine/2877491/

And so does Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthof/2013/09/26/google-just-revamped-search-to-handle-your-long-questions/

There was an argument on the Etsy forums in one of the threads about Google that was about whether our views from Etsy search originate with Google search.  Whether people are finding Etsy through Google and then searching Etsy.  Or whether Etsy search views are soley from Etsy.

Well, this could be a cause of my drop in Etsy search and total views????

I know my Google search views have dropped again recently.  After having come back some during the summer.  They have been back in the 50's and 60's  after recovering back into the 80's and 90's.

I woke up this morning to low etsy search views again. Only 33 after 7 am.  Not the lowest though.  That was on sept 6 when I had only 25. No sales yesterday. I did make 2 sales this morning already. One of them being the nice antique chair.

I will just see how things go in the coming days and weeks. And whatever happens in nov & dec, happens.
It will be very disappointing if I don't do well then.

I am curious how next year will turn out?  The past 2 years for the first 4-5 months I did very well.  Especially this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment