Thursday, September 5, 2013

The City of Pittsburgh skyline; Yarn Bombing the Andy Warhol Bridge

One of my favorite views of the Pittsburgh skyline is right across from PNC Park.  At the end of the office building there is an opening at the end of the 6th St bridge.  It has a path down to the river.

It was a sunny evening with not a cloud in the sky.  So I thought it was a great opportunity to take pics of the view.  I knew the bridge and buildings would be lit up.

Right at the end of the building,  you would be walking on the bottom of Federal St when, boom, you get to the end of the building and see the 7th street bridge and the buildings behind it:







I walked over to the top of the path that goes down to the river and took some pics.  As I was standing there a lady came behind me with 2 small children.  I heard the little girl say, "This has a nice view, mommy.".  That was cute. lol.




Hanging on the 7th Street bridge are handmade quilts.  They are a project to provide quilts to the homeless.  My friend, Miss Becky, who is very active in the community, has one hanging:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/10/warhol-bridge-yarn-bombing-project-gets-underway/





I walked down to the bottom of the path and took some more pics:




I wanted to walk down along the river and take pics of the fountain at Point State Park lit up with the sun, but my battery died.

So I just rode my bike up to the convenience store, bought a bottle of water and headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment