Thursday, December 5, 2013

Comparing Novembers Views: Record High Day in November

Well after the record drop in september my views came back some at the end of sept. Then more in october. Then even more in november. But still views would drop in november more than the first half of this year or last nov & dec. But they were still steady in november.

In oct & nov I was having regular days of more than 300 views from Etsy search.

AND.....the first sunday of november I had the freaky high of 485 views from Etsy search. Which blew away my previous high of 440 from the beginning of this year or last christmas season.

And I actually had more revenue this november than last year. Even with 1/3 less orders. I owe that to selling some of my most expensive tea cups. Which surprised me.

So here is the comparison between nov '12 and nov '13:

2012 2013

Total Views 31,591 26,659

Etsy Search Views 9,404 9,703

Google Search Views 3,142 1,530

Orders 95 63


I have not checked my Google analytics statst to compare the number of visitors. But the lost views are from lost Google visitors, I believe. And partly because of the terrible new listing page format.

Google views are down because of google changes and Etsy's relationship with google having changed. And it could be partly due to my own duplicate content. Although most of my duplicate content would be with just tea cups. Not with my other vintage items.

I have reached 100 views from Google only ONCE in months.

So I was found by more searchers on Etsy, but had less orders. Again, some of the orders from last year were probably due to Google searches. But 1/3??

This general stats are not really enough to come to a definite conclusion, but they give me an excellent idea of what happened and how my shop is doing.

December is starting off with lower views than last year. And significantly less orders.

I believe next year after Christmas views will drop back down to the New Normal.

Well, 21 days til Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment