Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Christmas Shopping Season in My Vintage Etsy shop

Well, when I first checked my stats for the day this morning I could see that the Christmas shopping season is just about over. I saw yesterday that views took a drop. Then this morning they had taken even more of a drop.

Here right before 9 pm I am still at only 192 views from Etsy search. That still isn't too bad, I guess. I made one small sale today. I will also have to refund a buyer for a damaged item. I didn't see the damage when I listed it or packed it. It is my mistake. I was given the items too. Still my mistake.

So how was my 2013 Christmas season???

It was not too bad, I guess. For the month of december Only $130 less revenue than last year. BUT 4,000 LESS total views and 18 less orders! I think I made it over 1,000 total views for a day twice in these past 19 days.
So I could have done so much better this year. I was lucky that I sold some of my more expensive items. Just like in november.

Comparing dec 1-19 of 2012 to 2013 here are the numbers (with 3 hours left to go today):

2012 2013

Total views: 21,081 17,083

Views from Etsy search: 6,324 5,964

Views from Google: 1,973 900

Views from Bing: 511 100

Views from The Find: 156 35

ORDERS 76 58

So many lost views from search engines! Etsy and others!

More than 1,000 LESS views from Google! wow.
More than 400 less views from Bing!
More than 120 less from The Find!

If I plan on staying open for 2014, I need to work on that! More outside promoting.

I would also really include november as part of the Christmas shopping season.
And including those stats I actually had more revenue this year than last. On MANY less orders and nearly 10,000 LESS total views! I got lucky and sold some of my most expensive tea cups at the end of the month. That saved me. For november and dec.

I will post on those stats at another date.

How do I feel then about my Christmas season?
Well, I was hoping to do better than I did. I am a little disappointed at what I did do. Because of so many less views and less orders. But I did make more money than last year. But, again, I could have done so much better.

If I were to compare my Christmas season to a football game, I'd say I got beat on the stat sheet. The other team had more yards than I did, but I won the game. It was not a pretty win. And it wasn't my best game. But I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment