Friday, December 20, 2013

Even Lower Views; Will my shop grow in 2014?

From watching my stats this month I can see that the Christmas shopping season has just about ended.

I was having about 20 views from Etsy search by 1 am. Here at nearly 12:40 am I have 9 NINE total views and 6 views from Etsy search.

Yesterday I finished with only 29 views from Google! Wow. The lowest all year. I might have had 27 once this year.

My shop was growing. But even if I have revenue, by selling more expensive items, my shop can't grow without visitors. Without being seen.

And it feels as if my shop has taken a major step back, because of significant drops in views from ALL search engines. I sold more expensive items in november & december, but views were down by thousands compared to 2012.

The first 4 months of this year were great. Then even through the summer I was doing great from Etsy search. Then, with more changes by Google and more changes by Etsy, including the terrible new listing page, my views were down thousands each month.

In march I had more than 37,000 total views. In november I had more than 26,600. For the first 16 days of this month I had over 14,000. And only made it over 1,000 total views for the day TWICE this month.

So what this is saying is that I will need to do more research to improve my SEO for ALL search engines. To promote more off-Etsy. And to have more of a variety of items in my shop. Not so many tea cups. Although those are the money-makers.

It will be a challenging year. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment