Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HGTV's House Hunters International, Germany

My first year at my grounds keeping job was 2011.  I started there in march.  In may of that year the many who hired me had 2 young men from Lithuania spend the summer with him and his partner. Their names were Linus and Narius.  I would usually only see them a few mins when I was working.  They had a summer job and I usually left the job before they got home.  I did work with them in the garden several times.  From talking with them and working with them I was very impressed with their character.  They are two good guys, hard workers, and very appreciative of what the people they were staying with were doing for them.

Later in the summer I started seeing the blonde girlfriend staying there.  I learned that was Linus' girlfriend and she sang for the Pittsburgh Opera.  I would only see her occassionally when she'd come out to go for a run.  She seemed nice and was friendly.

At the end of the summer Narius and Linus went back to Lithuania.  It nice meeting them.  I felt then and I still do, that they both have bright futures.  Both are smart, ambitious, talented and hard working.

On the day they both left the man that hired me asked me to dig a hole in the garden and fill it with cement.  After I did the 2 young men and the 2 people they stayed with put their hands in the cement and signed and dated it as a reminder of the summer together:




When I came back to the grounds keeping job in 2012 I was told that Linus and the girlfriend, Lindsay, were living in Lithuania and were going to get married.

Then, when I came back this year the man who hired me told me that if I wanted to watch HGTV's House Hunters International that Lindsay and Linus would be on it.  That Lindsay had contacted them with their story and got accepted for the show.

I didn't get to watch their episode, but here is the page of it on HGTV's web site:

 http://www.hgtv.com/house-hunters-international/till-death-do-us-part-in-stuttgart-germany/index.html

The other young man, Narius, is back this summer for a couple months.  For more adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment