Friday, January 24, 2014

A Productve Day and a Frustrating Day; Broken plates & Hattie Carnegie Brooch

Today has been a good day sales wise. I have had 4 orders. 4 good orders.

BUT, I knocked a stack of plates off a table and I walked over to look at them after I heared the breaking of china and I saw my one very pretty Limgoes hand painted plate was broken! That is about $45. And one of my cheap 1940's Bavaria fruit plates broke. And I didnt look, but I think I broke or damaged one of my pair of pheasants. AND one of my other Limoges plates was broken. Grrrr.

Add to that yesterday as I was going through my jewelry I saw my very nice Hattie Carnegie swan brooch with porcelain eggs was broken. I must have stepped on it at some piont.

More lost money.

That is probably $100 of money I lost just on the purchase prices. Not counting shipping. So that is over $100 I lost in the past 24 hours. Grrr.

Being careless, I guess. And having so much stuff. I needed a place to set my feet so I set the plates on the edge of the table. I knew better. I should have gotten them down form there. Oh well. I will get over it in days or weeks.

I have made some very nice tea cup buys lately. The past few days, including just this evening, I have been opening them and have been impressed. Some excellent prices on some great tea cups.

And, I just made a couple very nice jewelry purchase tonight on Ebay. To go with a couple others I made recently.

So I lost money. I hopefully will make more. And will just have to give it time to get over that.

Lost money over carelessness and accidents. That bugs me.

Almost time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment