Saturday, May 25, 2013

A bike ride around the city

I just got home from riding my red huffy around Pittsburgh.

I started by going through West Park through the underpass at the Clark Building.  Through the parking lots around Heinz Field and then up the ramp and over the river to the Point.  Through Point State Park.  It looked like there was a wedding being held at the entrance to the park in front of the hotel???

I rode up the Boulevard of the Allies and made the right on Smithfield street and over the smithfield street bridge to Carson Street.

I made the left on Carson and rode down through The South Side. There is the bike lane for the first section, but at about 12th street it merges to just one lane for traffic.  I felt safe riding in traffic. I made it down to the convenience store past the Birmingham Bridge.  I stopped in and got a coke.  Drank it outside their door as I sat on my bike. Seeing all the people out kinda made me feel....

I drank almost all the coke and drove up to the garbage can and tossed the bottle in and took off for the ride to Oakland.....

I made the right onto the Birmingham bridge.  I took my steady with continuous peddling. It was actually kinda hard. Harder than I thought it'd be.

I made it across the Birmingham bridge.  It was sunny as I rode across.  I kept looking over both sides of the bridge.  Up the river.  Down the river towards town.  Up at the blue sky with clouds.  Up ahead there was a guy and a girl walking towards oakland.  I wondered where they were going?? Why where they walking?? What they were going to be doing tonight?? What their lives are lke???

I rode by them and made the turn up the hill to Oakland.  I actually peddled the whole way up. IT was much easier than I thought it would be.  I did have to stop and get on the sidewalk as a bus came and I almost got run over lol. But I made it.

Then I peddled down into Oakland in the bus lane.  There were not many people out at all.  It looked kinda lonely.  It is aholiday weekend.  A friday, too.

In Oakland as I peddled down I was trying to decide which way to go.  I finally decided to go through Oakland and Bloomfield and through the strip to home.

There were not many people out on the ride over to Bloomfield.  It was kinda lonely. And kinda thinking about being there after working at the grounds keeping job.

Made it across the bridge to Bloomfield and cut through the neighborhood and then back up to Liberty Avenue. I made the left on Liberty and took it all the way to Penn.

I made the left on Penn and there was not traffice as I drifted all the way down.  A car didn't pass me til I got down near the bend near Lawrenceville.

I peddled down Penn toward the Strip.

I decided to ride into town instead of taking the bridge over to the north side.  There were more people out in town. Mostly theatre visitors. Some sexy looking females in their dresses.

I made it through town back to Point State Park and peddled up the ramp to the bridge.  Even though I was not sure I'd make it when I was at the bottom starting it.

Rode over the bridge and coasted down the ramp and down the streets past the parking lots.  Past the Clark bar again and up the street through the underpass where I stopped at the top to reflect and think for a sec.

I then got started again and rode through the park. As I entered I saw that there was noone around pretty much.  Just a few people. And realized again it is a holiday weekend. I rode by the lake and then by the playground and onto north avenue and up Sherman to the house.

It was a sunny ride. Nice blue sky with some clouds. Nice temps. I made it.

It was actually an easy ride.  It took some time and some effort. But I made it. Not sure how long it took me. Probably over an hour. Hour and half?

Now here I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment