Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Mexican War Streets garden

Right up the street from my home is The Old Allegheny Garden.  It is a large lot that had homes up until the 1970''s and was finally converted into a garden in the late 80's by Randy of Randyland fame:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sectionfront/life/colorful-paintings-lead-to-randyland-228934/

On the walk home from the convenience store on Western Avenue in Pittsburgh as I was walking along the park on West North Avenue the view up North Avenue with Allegheny General up ahead lit up by the sun caught my eye.  So I decided to go home and get my camera and try to capture what I liked.  My pics turned out dark.  So I think taking pics of that around noon or early afternoon would be much better.  But here is what I saw:



After that I went back up Reseca to go home and also to take some pics of a house that has blooming roses.  Here are a couple of the pretty pink ones:



As I got back home I decided to go up to the garden and try to get some pics of beautiful roses I saw blooming when I walked through earlier in the day.

In the center of the main big garden are 2 large rose bushes that are obviously loving the abundant sunshine they receive every day:







When you enter the garden from Sherman avenue there is a large, healthy, blooming purple flower plant:




Right across from the purple flowers were pink peonies blooming:


I will go and try to capture more of flowers in the neighborhood in coming days.

Here after 11 pm I have 321 views from Etsy search and only 65 from google.  The google views are disappointing. But I have made a couple tea cup sales. Happy about that.

It is almost time for bed. I have some orders to pack and ship tomorrow.  Maybe take some new pics. Do have to organize here and do some laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment