Friday, May 24, 2013

A pretty good day of work & with my vintage Etsy shop

It was only about a half day of work today. We had gotten alot of rain yesterday so the garden didn't need watering.  And that is nearly 2 hours of work. I still got all of the tasks that I was given completed.

Then I made it to the local thrift store.  I saw 3 figurines on the top shelf.  I looked at the bottom of one and it was Royal Doulton.  And older Royal Doulton mark.  I didn't have the cash on me so I asked the worker there to hold them for me.  He was willing to hold them for the 5 minutes i asked for.

I went to the bank, deposited my paycheck and went to make a withdrawal, but my photo ID is expired and she wouldn't do the transaction for me.  So I walked back hoping the guy would take what cash I did have.

I pulled out all the cash I had on me and offered it to him for just the 2 figurines, but not the old tray.  He accepted.  And he also told me he had to fight hard to hold them for me because someone wanted them.
I appreciated that and I also felt he was really laying it on, "I will be upset if you don't buy them and the person who wanted them didn't get them.".  But then he took my offer of less than the asking price for the pair.

I did see that the one black one didn't have his lid/hat.  That was disappointing.  Now that I think about it even more I am more disappointed.  When I first picked them out I didn't look them over.  I think there were 2 black ones and I picked the one with no lid/hat.  The other one probably had the lid and woudl be worth money.  Mine is worth alot less. :(    But I will see what I can get for it.

From what I've seen on ebay the black one is from 1939 and the white one is from the 1950's?
Still disappointed. lol.

Then I made it to another thrift store and did pretty good there, too.  Got a matching pair of 3 candlestick holders.  Silver plated. From England.  Only $3 each.  And got some other things I think I will be able to sell and make a profit on.

Then, I come home and see I won the 2 tea cups I bid on before I left.  Then I make an offer on the Royal Chelsea cathedral tea cup and it got accepted....

THEN.....I found some great old monet brooches on Etsy. Wow. I think I did well.  One of them is the same old one I sold that I had gotten at the flea market in the park for $2.

THEN....I sold the same Monet brooch I have, but in pink& peach.  That I had bought on Etsy.

It is too bad the one seller doesn't accept paypal because she has one I love.

But it has been a pretty good day.

Tomorrow, if it is sunny in the morning I will take pics of some tea cups.  IF not, I still have alot of pics I want to take. AND I have orders to pack & ship!  I have to get them out tomorrow.

Well, I am about to head to bed. Still thinking about not getting the right black decanter.  Grrrr lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment