Monday, May 20, 2013

Old Jewelry

Well here it is almost 5:15 pm and I am going to reach 200 views from Etsy search.  The earliest in a while.
Google views are a little low.  At least I am being seen on Etsy.

One piece of old jewelry I got lucky to find was a beautiful Hattie Carnegie rhinestone swan brooch.  I decided to go into the local thrift store at 9:01 right after they opened to see any new jewelry they put out before opening.  And there was the swan brooch. I didn't know Hattie Carnegie at the time, but I bought it because it did have a name on the back.  I also got a beautiful sterling silver marcasite bracelet and a couple other pieces.

Just as I was standing there at the case after having picked out the jewelry the jewelry lady walked in. lol.  The lady goes into the thrift store every morning right after they open and always would get the best pieces.  As I was standing there looking over my finds I could see out of the corner of my eye her looking over at me as she stood next to me lol.  I beat her that day. lol.

I still have the brouch though.  I actually sold it on ebay, but couldn't find it and had to cancel that sale.  I think it is priced fairly in my vintage Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/78055719/antique-brooch-vintage-hattie-carnegie?ref=af_shop_favitem



I just walked to the corner store to get something to drink.  On the walk back as I walked down my street a lady was walking up on the sidewalk holding the hand of a baby as it walked next to her.  It was a cute little baby wearing big sunglasses. lol.  As I got near them the little baby waved.  Awww.  That was so nice and so cute.  I waved back.  She was too little to talk yet, but she still waved.  How cute.

Well, I am off to help a lady friend of mine with some mulch.  I didn't get any order shipped today. I couldn't find the one tea cup. And I have to find boxes big enough for the 2 larger items.  Tomorrow is the grounds keeping job and wed & thurs might be at the neighbors home doing some home renovating.

It is a sunny evening.  Maybe I could still get some things done when I get home...


No comments:

Post a Comment