Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Joseff of Hollywood jewelry, crab brooch

One of my great finds since I opened my Etsy shop nearly 2 1/2 years ago was a Joseff of Hollywood crab brooch.

After work one day I went into the local thrift store and there was a table in the center of the store filled with loose jewelry.  Only $1 each.  I was digging through the pieces when I saw the crab.  I turned it over and there was half of a name on the back.  I didn't know the name, but since it was signed, I bought it.

Then when I brought it home and looked it up I learned who the designer was. Wow. What a great find. I had it listed in my shop for a while for $185.  And when finally a lady offered me $150 for it, I took it. Although even my $185 was lower than other Joseff crab and other brooches on ebay. I am happy with my profit. Not sure I will get that lucky again. Or very often. Maybe once a year. lol.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/120910826


Off to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment