Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Alka Bavaria china tea cup trio: Today's thrift store finds

I just got back from the laundromat.  I got some work clothes done and they are now out back hanging in the sun to dry.

After I put my clothes in the washer I walked down to the thrift store.  Wow. I did very well.  I was surprised.  The shelves looked empty, but I found 4 beautiful pieces of chalkware, a nice, old mccoy pottery vase, a Limoges plate from 1976, 2 vintage Hallmark Christmas ornaments and a couple books.  And also a couple t shirts.  One of them was a unique t that was brand new.

So I am kinda happy about that.  But I am still bummed that I broke my beautiful Bavaria tea cup trio earlier.  I knocked a glass lid on to it and broke the plate and tea cup.  It was beautiful.  I paid $25 for it and spent two different times trying to get good pics of it and I finally did a couple days ago:




 
Well now I have to pack a couple orders and ship them.  I want to take some pics outside, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment