Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yes, this is the New Normal

Today at 12:30 pm I had 81 views from Etsy search.  I believe this will be the new standard/normal by which to measure my views

My views were steady from may-aug.  Then the big drop in sept.  For sept I had more than 5,000 LESS total views than in august..

Views from Etsy search have dropped for any number of reasons.  Including because of Google changes.  And the new listing page format has cost me thousands of views also, I believe.

So I believe I will have a small uptick in views for nov & dec and then after Christmas views will return to the level they are now.

My shop has taken a step back.  I was growing.  Gaining more and more visitors and views.  But the internet has changed.  Etsy  & Google have changed.  And Ebay beats Etsy for views.  Internally and from Google.

I had a great 13 months.  I did so much better than I thought I would.  Even for just all of 2012 I did so much better than I thought.  But now Etsy & Google changes have affected my shop.

So I will probably just have to stay on Etsy.  At least til after Christmas. And see how next spring turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment