Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Zibbet!

For months I have been reading on the Etsy forums about Zibbet.  Other show owners have been mentioning it as a place to sell vintage & genuine handmade.

I am keeping my eye on it and hoping it does well and grows so that at some point in the future, if need be, I would have another place to go.

I have not been happy with the changes recently.  Especially the change in the listing page.  I believe it has cost me thousands of views and is not conducive to showing my shop. To giving potential buyers the freedom to browse my listings and all that I have available.

 However, I am skeptical of it.  People keep mentioning it, but it is a newer site with such a small amount of visitors.  Even Etsy's traffic is small compared to Ebay.  Also, it takes years to develop a site, to grow one,
that I am not at all sold or convinced that Zibbet is a place to sell and be successful.  I think it is just another place to have listings in case someone happens to fall into your listings lol.

Because of Etsy's redefining handmade at the Town Hall yesterday there was a flood of sellers from Etsy opening up shops on Zibbet:

http://allthingsd.com/20131002/new-seller-demand-crashes-handmade-marketplace-zibbet-after-etsys-big-changes/

So maybe there's hope for the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment